Our specialised range of high-pressure pumps rate up to 40bar. These come in BakerBloc, BakerFlow, MVM and horizontal split case pump types, and available in a variety of construction materials to withstand these higher pressures. The type of pump selected for a high-pressure application in an HVAC system will depend on a range of considerations. Chilled and condenser water high-pressure reticulation systems will mostly require a different type of pump for those used in high-pressure, high-temperature heating water circuits.
MVM inline pumps with 25bar pressure ratings will suit boiler feed applications and heating circuits for flow rates up to 15 litres per second. For chilled water and condenser high-pressure systems, the BakerFlow BPO end-suction, high-pressure pump offers an ideal solution fpr flow rates from 20-150 litres per second.
Our most commonly chosen high-pressure pump type is the BakerFlow.
The distinctive design features of the BakerFlow high-pressure range include:
- Wet ends with additional ribbing on volute casing
- Flange standard with capabilities of high-pressure ratings
- Mechanical seals rated to 40bar
- Materials of construction such as Ductile Iron or cast 316 Stainless Steel, depending on the max pressure
- Performances of up to 300 litres per second
- Head pressures of up to 800kPa
- Materials of Ductile Iron, Stainless Steel or Duplex Stainless Steel
Frequently asked Questions
- How do I know if my pump needs to be a high-pressure pump?
Most conventional pumps for HVAC are under 16bar rated. If your system has a higher pressure than this, you need to contact our staff and they will work with you on your design.
- In an open-loop system, is it possible to have a situation that requires a pump to withstand higher pressure than 16bar?
Yes. For example, if on a 40-storey building the cooling towers are on a high-level plantroom and the pumps are in a basement plantroom, the pumps will have to withstand a high static pressure even when at rest.
Relevant Resources for High-Pressure Pumps
GET BETTER PERFORMANCE WITH MASTERFLOW’S RANGE OF High-Pressure Pumps
Over the decades, we’ve built ourselves on our ability to provide innovative engineering solutions that work. We pride ourselves on long-term client relationships due to exceptional service. Contact us today to see how we can support you on your next project.